I recently read an article in the Sun Sentinel that declared that the South Florida housing market has finally hit bottom.
According to Zillow.com, which is a Seattle-based real estate analysis site, home values in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties are now beginning to increase after six years of steady decline.
Continue reading to learn more about what Zillow said this means for the greater South Florida real estate market – as well as interested home buyers like you!
Properties for Sale in Aventura, Hallandale and other South Florida Communities
Here’s the most recent data that Zillow released about the local housing market:
- The median value for homes in all three South Florida counties is $141,300, up 1 percent when compared to 2011.
- Over all home prices are expected to increase by 6 percent during the next year, which would make South Florida a top-performing housing market in the nation.
- Home sales prices are now beginning to resemble those prices seen in 2002 in South Florida.
- Home values in 21 of 32 Broward Cities – including Fort Lauderdale – increased between 2011 and 2012.
- Meanwhile, 17 communities in Palm Beach County saw higher home values, year-over-year.
- Single-family home inventories in Broward County have decreased by 48 percent, year-over-year.
- In Palm Beach County, inventories have decreased by 38 percent.
- More and more homes are receiving multiple offers, many of which are above the original asking price.
All of this data suggests that home prices have fallen as much as they’re going to fall in South Florida before they begin to rise again.
And while some analysts are still skeptical that the South Florida housing market has truly bottomed out, nearly everybody agrees that the market will not likely see prices drop very much more if it hasn’t bottomed out yet.
Thus, for those who were interested in making an incredible investment on the South Florida real estate market, now is the ideal time to do so!
After all, once a market has bottomed out, the only direction home prices are going to go is up!
Your South Florida REALTOR!
As a trusted South Florida REALTOR, I have experience helping home buyers find their dream homes on a number of area housing markets, including:
Thus, I’d be happy to help you at every stage of the home buying process – from home showings to purchase offers to the final closing!
Until next time,