According to the article, the recent surge in Brazilian visitors and Brazilian home buyers in the South Florida real estate market is largely credited to Brazil’s booming economy. In fact, the country’s economy is expected to become the fifth largest in the world by 2016.
In addition, Brazil’s currency is stronger than the dollar, which makes investing in South Florida all the more appealing for Brazilian home buyers.
More Signs that Brazilians Are Making a Huge Impact on South Florida Real Estate
- American Airlines provides 52 flights to Brazil a week from Miami International Airport.
- An estimated 500,000 Brazilians visited Miami-Dade in 2010, spending more than $1 billion locally.
- The local tourism bureau has increasingly published guides, maps and other tourist materials in Portuguese.
- The number of Brazilians visiting Broward County last year jumped by 50 percent to about 300,000 visitors.
- After Canada, Brazil is the second most important foreign market in Broward County.
- There are an estimated 250,000 to 300,000 Brazilians living in Florida, according to the Brazilian Consulate in Miami. The majority of them live in Broward and Miami-Dade counties, as well as Orlando.
Luxury Condominiums and Properties Available Now in Aventura, Florida and other South Florida Communities
Whether you’re an international home buyer from Brazil or a native Floridian who is interested in relocating within the state, I can provide you with expert real estate advice and cutting-edge home buyer tools, including: