South Florida has much to offer from cultural diversity, fine dining, beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, great weather and the best boating in the US. We are surrounded by water and there is no better way to take advantage of Sunny Florida than owning a piece of premier South Florida waterfront real estate. The Intracoastal waterway shaped South Florida and made it the boating capital of the world “America’s Venice” and navigating the waterway offers the best way to see South Florida from a different perspective.
Hallandale: Golden Isles
Sunny Isles: Golden Shores & Golden Gate
Aventura: Island Estates, Porto Vita & Williams Island
Thinking of Buying a South Florida Waterfront Property?
What you should consider when thinking about buying a home in South Florida?
1. Are you a boater or are you considering purchasing a vessel in the near future?
2. What is the water depth at the property? The deeper the better and easier it will be for larger vessels to navigate since they usually draw more water. I recommend a minimum of 5 feet low-mean tide. Be sure you know – “What’s the draft of your vessel or future vessel?”
3. Are there any fixed bridges in your area you will be navigating? If so, what is the clearance/height at high tide? Many times fixed bridges are tall enough for about any vessel to get by.
4. Location to the ocean cut, in other words how far will it take you if you have a vessel to get out to the ocean via the inlet.
5. How wide is your dock and the canal, will the length of your dock meet your vessels overall length? Also, typically the wider the canal the more privacy you will have.
6. Is the property located in a wake zone or no wake zone?
7. For the most part, South Florida properties offering open water views have the steepest price tags for obvious reasons like the alluring views and privacy but are not always great in terms of docking your vessel at the property due to the rough seas & wakes from other vessels.
8. Does it have a dock with the correct services: 30, 50 or 100 amp service, water, cable and telephone?
9. Most importantly, is your seawall and dock deeded to your South Florida property?
Owning a Piece of South Florida Paradise Can be Yours!
All and all you almost can’t go wrong buying waterfront properties in the South Florida communities of Aventura, Golden Beach, Hallandale, Hollywood and Sunny Isles. It is one of South Florida’s biggest draw and with no more land being created, it is truly owning a piece of paradise. Money goes to Water!
Are You an Avid South Florida Boater?
What other features or characteristics would you add to this list?
Thanks for the feedback!